- Czech client seeking investment to launch a new family oriented video games store in the rapidly developing video games market.
- Market dominated by the world No. 2 video games retailer and many small specialist retailers focusing on the hard core gamer.
- Sales of boxed games online growing rapidly and eCommerce becoming a significant channel in the market.
- Innovative client concept identifies a market opportunity but lacks retail credibility to attract an investor.
- Initial cash injection required to finance the start-up and open the first store in time for the peak Christmas trading period.
- Reviewed and repositioned the business plan putting the customer at the focus of the financials, brand and marketing strategy.
- Writing a set of core operational policies and processes as the basis for store routines, systems implementation and staff training.
- Conducted a comprehensive market and consumer review informing the choice of brand name, logo design, and brand ‘look & feel’.
- Potential investors were identified and engaged to secure initial financing.
- A suitable store location was identified. Lease terms were negotiated and agreed with the landlord.
- Store plans were produced, shop-fitting company selected and the legal and construction process completed for opening the store.
- People structures, roles and responsibilities were set up to support the recruitment and training of a young team of gaming enthusiasts.
- A range and sourcing plan was prepared, suppliers engaged and terms agreed to set up and source the assortment for launch.
- Marketing and promotional plans were put in place to manage new title releases, the store launch and first 2 trading quarters.
- Systems for managing the product file, CRM and stock and ordering were sourced and implemented.
- A card based customer loyalty program linked to the CRM system was designed and implemented.
- The first store was opened in time for the busy pre-Christmas trading period and beat all target expectations for traffic and sales.
- The client achieved a significant position in the video games sector becoming the 2nd highest turnover video games store in the country.
- Additional investor financing was secured to expand the business and open 6 further stores across the country.
- The online business was launched achieving significant sales from a zero base.
- After 2 years, following the successful opening of 7 stores, an e-shop and achieving No. 2 market position the owners sold the business and invested in the start-up of an online video games download site in partnership with the World No. 2 in the rapidly growing sector.